Monday, August 22, 2016

Can Someone Please Tell Me What the HELL This Thing Is?

I've come across some unusual, wierd and even downright outrageous things in the automotive world. I've seen some wierd builds, and I admittedly am a huge fan of then. They have a unique character. They color outside the lines, and are the result of curious thinking and late night elbow grease. But, never in my life have I ever come across one of these...



I mean...look at it. What is it? What unfortunate circumstances brought this Frankenstein-esque creation into existence? Why / how is it still in existence today? Why does it look like it should have been one of the trucks in the movie Maximum Overdrive?
So. Many. Questions.


I would have wanted to locate the owner to get some clarification...but I will admit I was slightly afraid of being murdered...so I just tried to use what knowledge I have to evaluate things from a distance (in my car, with the doors locked...from a non conspicuous place in the parking lot) From that vantage point, I was able to at least infer some basic details just by looking at it.


From what I could tell at first glance, it looks like an 80s era model Ford Econoline was badly rear ended by an 80s model Ford Super duty....or an Econoline backed into a Super duty...I can't tell which....so is it an Econoline? A Super Duty? An Econo-Duty? What's more, it looks like there's some piece of an International Truck sandwiched in the middle.


Can someone please provide some insight? Google hasn't provided me with any answers so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment